Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Moving to the Serenity Center!

When I started my private counseling practice, it was my goal and my dream to work in a holistic setting. Since I strongly believe (and have seen evidence to back it up)that the body holds its own memory, and thus counseling is far more effective if we integrate treatment for both mind and body simultaneously, I didn't have much desire to be in a more "traditional" practice where everyone else did more standard talk therapy, and didn't look at the big picture - nutrition, exercise, physical pain, etc., and how they are all connected to the mind. The great thing is that this gives us many more options for effective treatment! So I am excited to announce that as of May 1 I will be working out of The Serenity Center, a holistic practice on the border of the cities of Oviedo and Winter Springs, which will offer massage therapy, Reiki, skin care therapy, acupuncture, hypnotherapy, and of course, yoga therapy. I am planning to begin a small group on Gentle Yoga and Mindfulness for Stress and Anxiety Relief once I get into the new space. In the meantime, take some good, cleansing deep breaths, and look for more postings!

No comments:

Post a Comment